Posted: 2/24/2023 | February 24th, 2023
Situated on a large Andean plateau at 2,640 meters (8,660 ft) earlier mentioned sea stage, Bogotá is the third-optimum funds city in the globe (just after Quito and La Paz). Most vacationers typically bypass it in favor of the common electronic nomad sizzling place of Medellín or the coastal town of Cartegena.
Most vacationers believe that Bogotá is only truly worth expending a few times in. I feel which is a shame and does this vivid spot a disservice. I beloved my time in Bogotá and ended up extending my visit right here! This metropolis just feels a lot more Colombian than some of the other more substantial cities that have created a larger sized expat and tourist populace.
There is a good deal to do and see here from museums, parks, walking excursions, amazing avenue artwork, terrific nightlife, and an unbelievable gastronomic scene.
With that in mind, you are going to want to pick out wherever to stay in Bogotá diligently. It’s a enormous city, divided into different estratos, or zones, and there are a handful of “no-go” regions that you will want to steer distinct of as properly. Bogota has a good deal of petty criminal offense so never enterprise far too significantly off the beaten route.
In this article is my breakdown of the greatest neighborhoods in Bogota for site visitors (as properly as suggested accommodations in just about every).
But, very first, below are some frequent issues I get questioned about staying in Bogotá:
What is the most effective community for sightseeing?
If you just want to see the major vacationer web sites, I endorse remaining in La Candelaria, so you are in going for walks length of every little thing.
What is the finest neighborhood for vacationers on a budget?
La Candelaria is also the ideal neighborhood for tourists on a spending budget. It is one particular of the most affordable regions of town, and with numerous hostels situated below, it’s backpacker central. Because so several of the key vacationer points of interest are close by, you’ll save on transportation as well.
What’s the best neighborhood for electronic nomads?
Chapinero is the trendiest district and, while it is a bit extra high-priced than La Candeleria, it is wonderful for electronic nomads who want a awesome location to do the job from.
What’s the best neighborhood for nightlife?
If you are remaining for additional than a couple of nights and are more intrigued in having fun with Bogotá’s lively nightlife, then I suggest Zona Rosa or Chapinero.
What are the most secure places of Bogotá?
Affluent Zona Rosa and Chapinero are the two thought of among the the safest regions of town. La Candeleria is quite harmless all through the day but you are going to want to adhere to the key streets at night time.
What is the most effective neighborhood all round?
As very long as you never head touring a little bit to some of the key sights, Chapinero is the very best region to continue to be in, owing to its neat vibe, terrific dining places, superb nightlife, and enough accommodation choices.
So, with those people inquiries answered, here’s a breakdown of every community, with suggested accommodations for every, so you know just in which to stay in Bogotá:
Best for Budget Vacationers and Sightseeing: La Candelaria
La Candelaria is the city’s historic center, and all of the key items to do in Bogotá are within going for walks length from here, including the Gothic National Shrine of Our Woman of Carmen, the Botero Museum, and the Gold Museum. It is also the major location for backpackers, with quite a few hostels positioned here. If you’re on a spending budget and/or want to shell out a large amount of your time observing the sights, remain in La Candelaria.
Just retain in brain that even though it is fairly safe and sound through the day, you should really exercise caution at evening. Make confident to comply with my protection strategies for traveling in Colombia if you are keeping in this article.
Very best spots to remain in La Candelaria:
- Funds: The Cranky Croc – This is a backpacker institution. Found in a transformed colonial dwelling, this hostel has all the things you could need to have, with comfortable pod bunk beds and personal rooms, a thoroughly geared up visitor kitchen area, terrific showers, a bar/restaurant on-site, and lots of prevalent place (such as outside patios).
- MID-Array: Magdalena Visitor Household – This very affordable guest house is standard still modern and cozy, with a small backyard place and interior courtyard, a resident cat, and wonderful hosts. The showers are always warm (not always the circumstance in this neighborhood!), the beds are cozy, and there’s also a kitchen that attendees can use.
- Luxurious: Lodge Muisca – Named just after the indigenous inhabitants of the spot, this is a historic resort positioned in a lovely 200-calendar year-old colonial household. You will find the predicted amenities, like flatscreen TVs and Wi-Fi, as well as luxury amenities this kind of as a sauna, spa, complimentary breakfast, and a rooftop eating place.
Greatest for Electronic Nomads and Foodies: Chapinero
Chapinero is a trendy and bohemian neighborhood (there is a park below identified as Hippie Park). It is recognised for its street art, espresso shops, neighborhood markets, and thriving LGBTQ+ community (Theatron, the largest LGBTQ+ nightclub in South America is positioned right here). On top of that, Chapinero is heaven for foodies, and dwelling to Zona G (for gourmet), a focus of the finest good-dining eating places in town. It is also one of the safest districts in the metropolis.
Ideal areas to stay in Chapinero:
- Budget: Selina Chapinero – Selina is a Latin American chain of hostels geared towards electronic nomads. Like its other locations, this one is a substantial, structure-ahead hostel with a coworking room, a bar/cafe, a great deal of typical areas, a communal kitchen area, and arranged social actions.
- MID-Range: HAB Lodge Bogotá – Located on a tranquil residential street, this hotel features luxury amenities at mid-range rates, with a elegant interior, 24/7 conditioning middle, garden, outside terrace, and its own farm-to-table restaurant/bar. The sleek, contemporary rooms have their very own desks, substantial-top quality mattresses, and blackout curtains so you can get a fantastic night’s snooze.
- Luxury: Casa Legado – There are a quantity of luxury resorts in the neighborhood, but the five-star Casa Legado is exceptional, beautifully intended in a mid-20th century type. Just about every of its 13 rooms is exceptional some have balconies, and many others back garden views. There’s complimentary breakfast, bikes for guests’ use, a tranquil internal courtyard, and a tour desk to support you organize pursuits.
Ideal for Nightlife, Luxurious, and Searching: Zona Rosa
Although there is good nightlife to be observed in Chapinero, if you truly want to be in the center of it all, keep in Zona Rosa. Also regarded as Zona T for its form, the area is dwelling to innumerable stylish nightclubs, bars, and eating places, as very well as higher-conclude buying malls and designer outlets. It is a little bit a lot more highly-priced to continue to be in this article, as this is the most modern area of town. Regional bogotanos occur right here from all over the metropolis to party and shop, and it is pedestrian-helpful each by working day and by night.
Very best sites to remain in Zona Rosa:
- Finances: Urbana Hostel – This hostel is on the extra essential aspect, but it is clear and purposeful, and considering the fact that lodging is pricey in this region, this is definitely the ideal position to remain if you’re on a spending budget. There is a smaller shared visitor kitchen and a rooftop terrace, and all bunks have privacy curtains and stores. There are also a assortment of private rooms obtainable as well.
- MID-Range: Hotel NH Bogotá Boheme Royal – You simply cannot get any better than this locale, in the coronary heart of Zona Rosa. With soundproofing and air-conditioning in all the rooms, you will continue to be able to snooze very well when you come again at night time. There is also a conditioning heart, a buffet breakfast, and a very attentive personnel.
- Luxury: AC Resort by Marriott Bogota Zona T – Marriott homes require no introduction in conditions of luxurious. The new resort in Zona Rosa has a health heart (overlooking the metropolis), an expansive complimentary buffet breakfast, a bar/lounge, and cost-free bikes for guest use. The rooms are spacious and air-conditioned, with flat-display screen TVs and rapid Wi-Fi. It’s a well-known place to keep for company tourists.
Very best for Record, Culture, and People: Teusaquillo
Positioned just north of La Candelaria, Teusaquillo is a good spot to stay if you want to be near to all the principal attractions but really do not want to continue to be within just La Candelaria. It’s a big district that is typically residential, with tree-lined streets and 20th-century mansions and architecture from when the community grew in conjunction with the city’s higher course.
The location is acknowledged for its eco-friendly spaces, which include Bogotá’s major park, Simón Bolívar, as very well as the city’s botanic gardens, and the Parque de los Novios, regionally famed for its big kids’ participate in place. There’s also a sizable monetary centre in Teusaquillo, so there are several inns below geared towards the enterprise-traveler group.
Best spots to stay in Teusaquillo:
- Spending plan: Hostel Bandido – A stunning pink brick setting up is house to this exceptional accommodation, which feels just about like a resort but at hostel price ranges. There are both private rooms and dorm rooms with modern-day and comfy pod-design and style beds, and the Wi-Fi is super quick. There’s also a thoroughly equipped kitchen, a shared lounge, a bar, and an outside backyard region.
- MID-Selection: Resort 5 Elementos Apartasuites – Combining the greatest amenities of keeping in a resort with leasing an condominium, all units at Resort 5 are full residences with their have kitchens (in addition to the common mid-variety hotel features). There is complimentary breakfast each morning in the shared lounge, as well as a health and business heart.
- Luxurious: Grand Hyatt Bogotá – If you’re looking to definitely splurge (or maybe have some Hyatt factors to invest), you can’t get any extra luxurious than this in Bogotá! The Grand Hyatt is home to the greatest urban spa in Latin America, that includes a amazing indoor pool, a sauna, a sizzling tub, procedure rooms, and a health and fitness center entire with private trainers. The rooms and suites are roomy, with flooring-to-ceiling home windows overlooking either the Andes or the metropolis alone.
Choosing where to remain in Bogotá is a essential choice for any traveler visiting the Colombian cash. This massive, sprawling town can choose some time to get close to, and there are some authentic safety issues below as well. Pick an space centered on what you want to devote most of your time accomplishing, and then hop all around through the TransMilenio (the bus rapid transit process that has its own devoted lanes and is typically a lot quicker than traveling by taxi or Uber).
And, if you can, strategy more time listed here than you may well usually consider you require. Bogotá has so significantly to supply. I can not speak very sufficient of it.
Ebook Your Vacation to Colombia: Logistical Guidelines and Tips
Reserve Your Flight
Use Skyscanner to discover a inexpensive flight. They are my preferred look for motor for the reason that they search sites and airlines all-around the world so you generally know no stone is left unturned.
E-book Your Accommodation
You can guide your hostel with Hostelworld as they have the largest inventory and ideal discounts. If you want to remain someplace other than a hostel, use Scheduling.com as they constantly return the least expensive charges for guesthouses and affordable inns.
Do not Fail to remember Journey Insurance policies
Travel insurance will safeguard you in opposition to sickness, harm, theft, and cancellations. It is thorough defense in situation everything goes wrong. I in no way go on a excursion devoid of it as I’ve had to use it many times in the past. My preferred businesses that provide the greatest support and price are:
Searching for the Very best Organizations to Save Funds With?
Verify out my useful resource website page for the finest companies to use when you journey. I listing all the kinds I use to preserve dollars when I’m on the street. They will save you revenue when you travel as well.
Want A lot more Information and facts on Colombia?
Be sure to check out our sturdy desired destination manual on Colombia for even more arranging suggestions!